Monday, June 29, 2009

What's that smell??

When I woke up this morning there was an absolutely horrible smell. At first, I threw out the dog and her crate because it smelled like dog pee. Then I walked through the house and looked for accidents. None found. I went back to my room and put on my make-up. Then noticed that the smell was worse. I called my husband and he told me to get the girls and leave. So we did. He came back and looked around and he too couldn't find anything and said it was the worst smell he had ever smelled. Later we had a friend of ours come by and he couldn't find the problem...worst smell he had ever smelled. The smell smelled like ammonia.***Side note***had asked the hubby if I could have the fire dept come by and test for gases and he said we should wait***

We open up all the windows and come back later in the afternoon. House still smelled but was worse in the nursery and girl's room. I kept calling my dad and telling him that something was wrong with the A/C and he kept telling me that it didn't make sense. We changed out the A/C filter, cleaned out the sewer lines above the house and then decided to start stripping the girl's room. Phillip stripped Kaylee's bed and then went to Reese's. He said he had found something. I asked if it was a dead animal. He then lifted up what remained of Reese's baby blanket. It was charred to a crisp as well as her sheets, mattress pad and mattress. The blanket had fallen on her night light. Talk about a parent's worst nightmare come true. I have always hated that the girl's are on one side of the house and we are on another... because of fires. How they survived is only a blessing from the Lord. He saved my children when I didn't even know that they needed saving. Thank you God for your watchfulness and for loving us so much.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yikes. How scary. Thank you, Lord!

BeckyG said...

Was her bed on fire? How was it extinguished? That is so scary...

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter