Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update

We saw the doc today and found out that basically the docs who had done Phillip's surgery in the past didn't do a very good job. He has a ton of scar tissue and his disc is 60% displaced but no new displacement. However the disc is placing pressure on the nerve and the doc said that he does not feel like he would have permanent nerve damage to try and injection and reevaluate in 4 weeks. We get up to the counter and the doc that does the injections can't do it for 3 weeks. I asked if that was the soonest since the doctor said as soon as possible and they just looked at me. Then they scheduled the follow-up for July 1. I was not exactly happy. Thankfully my sister Lacy works for another spine doc in Abilene that does the injections and I am hoping that Phillip can get in sooner there. I had explained that we both can't have had surgery at the same time and the doc had agreed so...I will call tomorrow to see what else can be done. Phillip is not sleeping and is in constant pain, so 3 weeks would be miserable. So, continue with the prayers. If this doesn't make sense I am pulling my hair out with a fiesty 2 yr old.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Good grief. Three weeks just for an injection? You've got to be kidding me! Hope he can get in sooner elsewhere.

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter