Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thorns

I remember last time that Phillip injured his back telling him that I feel like Phillip's back injury is like Paul's thorn in his side. I was reminded of that today. Here is the passage:

"I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be telling the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I say or do. TO keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me, But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong". 2 Cor. 2: 5-10

I feel the passage speaks for itself. I could never see my husband being boastful about anything. He has always placed his "success" solely in allowing God to work through him and not the things that he himself accomplishes. However, I feel that this is amazing into itself. He is truly a man of God, seeking His will at every turn. I am overally blessed to have him as the leader of my family. At the same time he has this persistent back injury that will completely bring him to his knees. It always seems to be at the height of activity. What we have decided to rely on is the strength that only comes from God. I know we are not the only ones that experience thorns in our lives. We all have them. The key is to realize that when we are weak, we have the awesome opportunity to allow God's strength through us to be revealed as a living testimony.

I also have to thank my in-laws for coming this weekend and helping get some of our projects completed. I know Phillip doesn't feel well because he is just allowing them to work. I know how hard that is for him. So, keep us in your prayers. I will diligently, persistently try to move us Phillip's injection day beginning tomorrow. I long for relief for him. He says everyday he wakes up and everything is different.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Poor guy! I'm still praying for him.

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter