Friday, June 13, 2008

Inspiring...Aspiring

I have read many peoples blogs, half of which I do not know. It is amazing to hear the stories they tell. I began to wonder about what I find inspiring and who I am aspiring to be.

I aspire to be like my mother. She was a true women of God. When she was diagnosed with cancer she came out of the shell that she had always been so comfortable with. She was so shy. But when the times became more than any of us could bear she put on the armoe of Christ and fought for Him. She opened up about her faith to those she knew and those she did not know. I know of so many people who came to know the Lord through her and by the testimony she allowed the Lord to use for her. I cannot tell you how many times I looked at the verse and prayed over the verse, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it". John 11:4 Or "Rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God for you" Thes. 5:16-18. I would always try to thank God for all His blessings and for all He was doing. I would 'remind' Him that He was the great physician and that He could take the cancer away. I would tell HIm of all the wonderful things that a miracle could do for Him. But that is not what happened and I thank Him for the woman He has made me be because of it. I aspire to be like my mom. A true 'Virtuous woman'. She was the peacemaker, the encourager, the rock, the warrior, and the mom that loved unconditionally. I am so thankful that God gave me a mom that I could model. She was amazing and I hope to be like her. At the same time, I am not as shy as she was and that tends to be my weakness. I tell Phillip all the time that I hope that he excells in his ministry inspite of me. I don't have that little voice that says you shouldn't say that until it is already out my mouth and into the ears of those around me. Definately something to work on and I am trying.

I aspire to be a woman who is faithful to her Heavenly Father. Who remembers He is the reason that I am a wife and mother. That I am a nurse who loves caring for others. That I am a friend to many. And that I need Him every hour. I want to be a true disciple, a servant to my friends and family. That is something that I have really been trying to focus on because I feel that is where true ministry begins. If we serve those around us, they will see Jesus in us and that is who I want people to see. Not Molly, but Jesus.

I am inspired by the world around me. I get to drive a lot with my job and I get to see the wonders of His creation. I love to see the colors of the sunset/rise and the beauty of the sky when it is about to rain. The clouds are so amazing to me. The trees as they lift their leaves to catch the water. The amazing hues in flowers. Only God can paint such a majestic masterpiece.

My children inspire me. I love to see the world through their eyes. They are amazed at things that I take for granted. Reese can get so excited about seeing animals she has never seen or just every time she goes outside and lifts her little arms up and grins and lets the world surround her. Kaylee has an amzing grip on the world and our creator and it is so simple to her. It should still be simple to me. I pray for that daily. Jesus said,"Let the little children come to me". He knew they understood him. We should believe simply because,"...the Bible tells me so."

My husband inspires me. I love to hear him preach. He amazes me. I learn so much from him. He is truely a man of God who seeks after Him. He encourages me to be a good wife and mother and I love him dearly. I am privelaged to be his wife and WAY over married. He inspires me in everthing I do.

Thank you Lord for giving me things to aspire to be and things that inspire me to get there.

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter