Saturday, June 21, 2008

Growing up



My baby is growing up. She has gone to both grandparents homes already this summer. I actually have only got to have her for 4 days in the last 2 weeks. She has attended both of their VBS's and has had a great time. We have been working with Kaylee on learning bible verses and it is always a blessing to hear your child repeat the word of God. This last week, 2 of her verses were (in paraphrase) "Always forgive others." and "Children obey your parents in the Lord". So Phillip asked Kaylee, "Kaylee, do you always obey your parents"? "No", she said. And then sat there thoughtfully and said, "But you have to always forgive me". and she had a huge grin on her face. It is so neat to have your child putting it all together. I think it was the Easter Kaylee was 3 that she told us the complete story of Easter. She amazes us on her grasp of the Love in the Bible. If we only would keep from complicating things with our overly critical thinking.

I am also reading a book called , Same Kinda Different As Me. and it is amazing. It is about a homeless man and rich man in Dallas and the lessons they taught one another and it is amazing how much I have learned from Denver.

I hope you are all having a great week.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is great that she is memorizing verses. The girl and boy love to watch a Scripture song DVD we have (Hide 'Em in Your Heart). They both know all of the songs and sing then all the time. The other night she stayed with my mom and they were looking through her little Bible and she asked Mom to read a short devotional that she found. It was on the scripture in Luke that tells us to bless those who curse us. As Mom started reading the little devotional that gave some explanation to this scripture, she began to sing, "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good!" (from the DVD). I was so happy that she made the connection between the song she has been singing to the scripture that we read! Then she went on to tell of ways she could do this in her life! What a blessing to hear her make application of scripture to her life!

I pray that our girls continue to love Jesus more daily and to trust in Him for all things.

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter