Monday, June 23, 2008

From Blackouts to Mice

Nice title huh? We had the longest Sunday. We had a great peace on Sunday morning. We felt the spirit of Lord with us and an amzing peace in our hearts. We spent time together in prayer before Sunday School and we could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit with us. Fifteen minutes into Sunday School, everything went black...and it stayed black. I rushed towards where I knew the door was because I knew that the 4&5 year olds were down the hall and I knew my little girl would be scared. I then asked another dad to go and check on the nursery. The children were pretty calm and we took them all out to the playgtround. We started flipping breakers and I called the electric company. They said that there were 786 customers without service and it was being called a brown out. They said power would be restored at 12:30. So we moved a piano into the santuary, got a camping light out for the pianist and opened all of the doors for circulation and light. This would be the second week that crazy things happened before church. Phillip likes to focus on his sermon during Sunday School and pray but for 2 weeks that has been taken away. Amazingly I feel that Phillip has done remarkably well. Well, 15 minutes into the service power wasa restored. We closed all the doors and turned on the sound system. God is GooD!!

After church we went to my dad's because Phillip was doing some marriage counseling for one of the weddings he is going to perform in the coming weeks. The girls and I stayed at Dad's while he counseled and went swimming and fishing. We had a blast. Phillip came out at the end and got to swim with us. I caught lots of fish: bass, catfish and perch. Kaylee was "The Bait Lady" as she coined herself. She wound cut the worms in half for us and then make sure they were on pimernetly (permentally). She was precious. When my bait got taken off by a nibbler, I gave Kaylee a hard time about my bait inspection and she apologized with real concern. Hilarious. She is precious.

After that we went to Janell's house to help clean out because they are putting the house on the market. Jere and Phillip were pulling some old carpet out of the garage when they heard a squeak and 7 rats(not mice) scurried out. Yes, we ran and got bait immediately and hope to see less rodents soon. I sware there was enough going on for a week just in one short day.

This week Kaylee has swimming lessons, gymnastics and riding lessons and we have a wedding this weekend in San Angelo. The fun never ends. Hope you all have a blessed week.

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter