Monday, March 3, 2008

What did we ever do...

Well, here are a few of the pictures from Africa. One of our computers, the one that works really well and is newer is in the shop. So, we are onto computer 2. These are some pictures of the children. I don't know id any of you realized that Sunday is March 9th not the 12th but that is when Phillip is talking about his trip.
I took Kaylee and my cousin Emily to the Sleeping Beauty Ballet on Sunday. They loved it. The costumes were beautiful and it was very well done. I however, am not a really big fan of the ballet and it was 2 1/2 hrs long. I was dying. About halfway through, Kaylee asks," Why do you see the boys bottoms when they turn around." I wasn't sure if she meant the front or the back and I didn't ask. I jsut said it was how boy ballerina's dress. That seemed to satisfy.
Then, today we were trying to put together a new aquarium stand because our aquarium started leaking and ruined the base. So, Phillip asks me where his drill was. I looked where I had left it last and couldn't find it. Then Kaylee says that she knows where it is. It is outside. Which wouldn't be that big a deal if it hadn't rained 2 1/2 inches last night and it hadn't rained in months. So Kaylee and Phillip went outside (in the snow) and found the drill that is covered with water and dirt. Phillip had brought a lithium drill for his birthday. Phillip asked why she had the drill. She said, "I was drilling holes." Phillip looks concerned and says, "Where?" Which in and of itself says that we don't underestimate our daughter. She has hammered nails and built all sorts of things by herself. Kaylee sweetly answers, "In the dirt". We were actually relieved that she hadn't remodeled the house for us. Phillip handled it very well. He stayed very calm and told Kaylee to never, ever use any of Mommy's or Daddy's things without asking. Kaylee siad she would have asked but she was afraid he would say no.
What did we ever do, before we had kids.



No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter