Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow Day

On Monday we got a dusting of snow that melted instantly. On Tuesday it was 70 degrees and on Wednesday it was 60 and then it was freezing again on Thursday. We had some thunderstorms first thing in the morning but not to worry. Cisco was not under any winter warnings. I continue to work and then it starts to snow and sleet just a bit. I went to a pt home and when I came out 25 minutes later to get something out of my car, I am shocked to see 3 inches of snow and the biggest flakes I have ever seen. So I go back into the house and tell my patient that I better go. I try to stop at the end of the road and slide 25 yards. I slowly turn towards I20 and get on the highway because I have to go to the lab. I run into the hospital and am in there 2 minutes and there is an inch of snow on my car. I then begin my trip home. A 12 mile drive from Eastland to Cisco. It takes 35 minutes and is the worst I have ever driven in. I am fish tailing going 30 mph. It then took 3 tries to back out of the babysitters driveway. Then safe at home, we have some fun. We built a snowman, have a snowball fight and make snow angels. Kaylee played outside for an hour at a time twice. Reese on the other hand was miserable. She cried the whole time we were building a snowman. I know she was thinking that we were crazy because she would not move on the snow. It was fun. We ended up getting 6-8inches of wonderful snow. It was the most in the big country and we weren't supposed to get any. HAHA! We also made snow ice cream which is Kaylee's favorite.














Snow Ice Cream Recipe

Mix some snow with whipped cream, sugar (I use Splenda) and vanilla. I just add a little of this and a little of that until it tastes yummy!

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter