Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Fourth

Well, we celebrated the fourth of July in Abilene at my Dad's. We had a great time. We swam in their pool, played on the 4-Wheeler, and did some fishing. We were there a couple of weeks ago and every time we cast we would catch something just about. This time we were using stink bait and it was a little more slow going. Kaylee would not be bait lady and Reese said it was stinky...but wanted to smell it each time. Go figure. At one point we had thrown Kaylee's reel in and I was baiting my hook and asking Kaylee to come and get her rod. She is busy playing with the frog I just caught her. Kaylee's rod starts heading for the water on its own. So I drop my reel, lunged for the rod and caught a fish as well as slid down the bank and was caked with mud. Phillip said it was hilarious to watch. I had to retrieve my sunglasses from the mud and try to get some of the mud off. Later we shot our own fire works and had homemade ice cream. Then Phillip and the girls and I slept outside in our tent. Kaylee did great. Reese did fair. Phillip and I...we both aren't sure we ever really slept. It was a nice night but there were fire crackers going off all night and got pretty windy. So now we are recuperating, sun burned, and tired. Phillip is taking our youth to camp tomorrow and then we are meeting with Phillip's parents on Monday in Sweetwater for the kids to go there the remainder of the week and we will be having our final interview that night. Say a little prayer. We are so excited about the opportunity there and are ready and willing to go if this is where we are supposed to be.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter