Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rough Week/Good Week

Reese got sick last Friday and began running a fever and was so lethargic. She ran fever through the weekend and so Monday we took her to the Dr. She ended up having to have blood drawn and have an in-and-out catherter. Major trauma but she was so brave. She ended up having a urinary tract infection. The concern is that baby's are not supposed to get UTI's. So the doctor's want to do further testing. We are going to wait until we have insurance to pay for them. Finally Thursday there were no fevers and she finally had color to her cheecks. She had to get a shot and now is taking medicine that she hates.
Then I am having difficulties with my job. I have been working overtime for more than 2 months. Two weeks ago, I told them that I could no longer work overtime. I was exhausted. The next week I was made to work more than the week before. Then they decided to increase the frequency of my on call to every 3 weeks. I was not asked and still expected to work overtime. So I am looking into another position in Cisco. However, we do not know how long we will be here.
With so many uncertainties, it is easy (especially for me) to become overwhelmed. I listen to a lot of music and that is how I worship. Several songs have spoken to me this week. Chris Tomlin's Everlasting God says ..."Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. Our God, our strong deliverer, our hope...You are the everlasting God." It talks about how God does not have a weakness and that God does not give up. What a peace. It is amazing toknow that God has our best interests at heart and that..."He makes all things beautiful, in His time". I have His strength to get me through the weeks ahead and the decisions ahead and know that God has m best interest at heart and He wants great things for us. God is Good<>

2 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Come to my house and rest a while.

Jenny, John, Jennah, Abby said...

I haven't ever posted on your blog, but I check in on your family now and again. I wanted to let you know that my oldest went through the UTI 'tests'. Not fun. The best advice I can give you is to have them do an ultrasound before they do any further testing. The other tests are not fun and are much more invasive. The ultrasound will give them an idea as to if there is anything hokey going on. If they see something that concerns them, THEN maybe you can proceed with the others. Just a suggestion from a mom who's been there :)
Praying for peace for you... and rest!

Much Love,
Jenny

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter