Saturday, February 2, 2008

Alligator Tears

I have had my phone with me and Phillip's actually 24/7. I don't really know why, I haven't been expecting any calls. We were told there would not be any. But last night, I went to the Casting Crowns concert and decided not to take my phone in because I wouldn't be able to hear it. The concert was good. I got into the car and checked my phone and there was a message. It was from Phillip. I had missed his call by 30 minutes. I sobbed...for forty-five minutes. He had also left a message at the house, so I sobbed again. He said he is doing fine, VBS is going well, the building projects are going well. He sounded deflated though. I am sure they had told them the night before that they would get to talk with their family the next day and were looking forward to it. Matt's wife, Sonda, missed it too. I could hear that he needed to hear from me just as much as I needed to hear from him. I am trying to pull it together and it was so good to hear from him. Only one more week to go. They did report that they are feeling the Spirit move and it has been wonderful to have the men there to minister to the boys. They are all building together and it has been blessed. Keep them in your prayers. They will be in Nairobi all day Thursday and will begin there journey home Friday night. They will arrive in Dallas at 525pm on Saturday. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have been praying for you all. I teared up when I read that you missed his call. I am so sorry. Hope this next week goes by fast! Thinking of you...

The Mitchells said...

Any news as of today, Monday??

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter