Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Wow Week

For starters, I have been off of my beloved diet Dr. Peppers for 2 weeks now. Longer than I have ever given them up and sugar has not been a problem either. It is funny, I always thought I was way more addicted than Phillip, but he is having a harder time than me.

We started Spring Break with the girls all going to grandparents. Phillip and I had grand plans to demo out a bathroom and get stuff done. Well we had the bathroom and all the laundry done by noon on Sat so we took a little nap. Four hours later, Phillip woke me up and decided we should go to Abilene and have a date. It was so amazing. God met us there. He spoke through this man we were sitting with at Bonzai. We were headed to Carino's and I asked if we could switch and I am so glad we did. You sit with random people and Phillip can talk to anyone. We start talking to this man and it was seriously some of the most reassuring things coming out of his mouth. He had no idea what was going on in our lives and the things he said were all God. Thank you Lord, for meeting us there.

Sunday we had church and then headed to Abilene again for lunch and a movie, then home for another 2 hr nap and then over to Tique and Stacy's to cook out. Monday we got the girls and had a good evening with them.

Tuesday, I started the day with 2 Dr appts. One with an opthamalogist and then neurologist. The optho was able to see that my eyes were not responding as they should. They are weak and that is why they don't focus correctly or dilate correctly. Then I saw my neuro and he said much of the same with the vision stuff and there is really no therapy to make it better. He said I could wear prisms over my eyes that might help but he didn't think that I would wear them. He said all of the things that I am going through is directly related to my brain damage. Not always being able to recognize people, not being able to recognize things if I am moving, not being able to handle loud noises, not being able to follow things quickly, forgetfulness (forgot to put Becca's diaper on the other day and daddy got a surprise), speech issues are all related to that. He said he is amazed at what I push through and do. I told him, no one ever said I should stop. So he said, "Okay, stop. Slow down. Get more sleep. 7 hr of sleep is not enough for you. You need 10". I said oops, I have been getting 5-6. He didn't sound as optimistic that things would improve much more either.

Then we headed to Craig and Fallon's for a break from this insanity we find ourselves living in right now. I didn't answer my phone and tried to get Phillip not too. We get bad news everyday and it can really break you. I feel broken and I didn't want that. We had a wonderful time. We went to some water falls, we went to Gruin and took some family photos and then to an exotic zoo and Longhorn Caverns. It was so nice. Seeing my children laughing. Seeing Becca get a handful of feed and run after the baby deer, squealing trying to give them feed and then shaking in terror. Becca hugging a baby deer. Absolutely precious.

It was so nice to see the beauty of God surrounding us. Praise the Lord for all He does for me!

Now, if I could just get us unpacked.

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter