Friday, March 4, 2011

All in a day

I was looking at my calendar yesterday and realized my March calendar looks more full than my December calendar did. I like business but not the "I can't catch my breath" business. But that is what we have. I have about 8 loads of laundry that need doing, dishes to be washed, a bathroom to gut and redo and 2 bedrooms that are waiting to be redone. Not to mention, that my family enjoys home-cooked meals and a somewhat clean house. Plus, now we have softball sign-ups.

I have decided that God is purposefully keeping me busy so that I don't have to dwell on what is happening around me at times. Because there are far more things to give God glory for than to be unsettled about. But don't the unsettling things always yell louder than the rest.

God paints a canvas of promises to us in His word. I have never been more close to Him. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you WILL have trouble. But take HEART! I have OVERCOME THE WORLD!" John 16:33 I see rainbows all over the place and they consistently remind me of His promises. That He is with me all of the time. It is all in our perspective on how we chose to handle it. I feel really bad for those that have never turned to God when they are struggling. Honestly, I don't see how they function. With God on my side, who can be against me? I have learned to lean more on God, rather than family and friends and church. They are all human and even those with the best intentions can at times let you down. I sometimes put people on such a pedestal that they can't help but not live up to our standards. But those are our standards, not necessarily the standards or duties that God has for them. I know that I need to look at seeing people through the eyes that God seems them. Look at them with grace and mercy and love. If we would all do this, how awesome would our world be? So that is my goal for this year. To see people the way God see's His children.

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter