Saturday, December 11, 2010

I DON'T Want to Eat Brussel

I don't want to eat brussel sprouts nor do I want to be a 33 year old stroke patient. At the same time, I will eat mybrussel sprouts, ie: stroke. I have decided to come back to the world of blogging because there is so much on my heart and I know that there may be someone else out there that needs to hear what God is laying on my heart. So I have decided to answer his call and write. I am not a writer by far so don't pass too much judgement. I am simply a mom and preacher's wife who is doing her best to give God the glory for all that happens in my life...the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Eight years ago today, I was being prepped for my first of three c-sections where I was going to meet my Kaylee. When she was born, the doctor said, "It's a little lady". Our life has never been the same. I thank God that He gave us Kaylee, Reese and Becca. You see, I never wanted girls because girls are mean to each other but I also always prayed that God would complete our family. He started a little earlier than we expected but of course, He knew best.

It has been 11 weeks today since I had my stoke. Things to be thankful for from the get-go. We had been trying to sell our car for 6 months and that day we sold it. So those payments get to go to medical bills, YEAH! Not really but a blessing. I am actually thankful they did not find out that I had a stroke day 1. I would not have liked to have been in the hospital and that would have cost a lot more. I am thankful for diligent doctors. They all are perplexed on the whys but I don't have to know the whys. I have to know that I can glorify God in that he saved me that night.

My initial fear has been replaced by frustration. I am frustrated that I am doing the same therapy as the 70 year old men and they do some of it better. I am frustrated that I cannot remember where I put things. I am frustrated that my vision is still causing me problems. I am frustrated that I am frustrated.

However, I have decided that being frustrated is not going to change the circumstances. I will continue to smile and Praise the Lord for everyday I get to be with my husband and girls. I am thankful that God allows me to minister to others. I am thankful for all the beauty He puts around us. I am thankful for little girl giggles and hugs. I am thankful for the Sonic drinks my husband brings me. I am thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cherry limeades are therapeutic and for that matter, so are blogs. :)

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter