Friday, December 12, 2008

WOW

This is the first night since Kaylee's birthday party that we have been home. That would mean...4 weeks. I have no idea what we have been doing. We have quite a few extra church activities and then Tues is gymnastics and Wed night is church but goodness. This weekend we have our Christmas contata. Then I really think we will be laying low until the next weekend. Oh, and I work in Sweetwater for the next week plus one more day and then I am off for 3 days. So, looks like things are going well. Phillip is still diligently working on getting the house finished and I am trying to get presents wrapped and Christmas cards sent out. I am almost finished with shopping. Just the men in the family and one more present each for the girls. Plus stocking stuffers.

Some of the things going on in our house. Well Kaylee is officially 6 and we celebrated by going to Mr. Gattis. Kaylee is learning to read and is loving it. She is also helping with meals some and instituted her own chore chart. Reese on the other hand has become a little toot. I never know what we are going to find in her bed when we get her up in the morning. She gets things in the middle of the night and brings them to bed. The other morning we discovered that she had decided that she didn't need to sleep in diapers. We walk in and there is this naked bobo staring us in the face and of course wet sheets. I hope to potty train her when I am off for those few days in December.

Only 13 more shopping days left but take time to enjoy this time of year. It is time to reflect on the most undeserving gift we have ever received. It is our time to shine as Christians. Instead of getting into the Christmas bah hum bug spirit but to be a light. Let someone check out before you and don't run someone over to get into that close spot in the Mall parking lot. This time of year tends to bring out the worst in all of us but I have challenged myself to think more of how I should be acting as Christ would want us to act. Enjoy time fellowshipping with friends and love on your family. Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter