Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Vote is In

Well, we have had a wonderful weekend with our church in Sweetwater. It has been pleasant and comfortable and right. We have enjoyed getting to know the deacons and the staff and of course the search committee even better. The vote this morning was 176 votes yes and 7 no. We accepted the call and are raring to go. We will register Kaylee for school tomorrow. She needs to get one more shot. I will put in a couple of applications and we will look for housing. There really isn't anything to rent but hopefully one of the houses for sale would be willing to let us rent for a few months as we are going to try and build our new home. We are thrilled and know without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord has called us to Sweetwater to continue our minisrty for Him! Have a great week! GOD IS GOOD...ALL THE TIME!!

2 comments:

The Mitchells said...

I started crying. Joe and I are so happy for you guys!! I can't wait to come visit and hear Philip preach...let us know when we can come!!

Ashley said...

I am so happy for you guys! I want to let you know that some great friends of my parents go to church there. They are Eddie and Cresta Mitchell. We've known them for years! In fact, I think Cresta was my preschool choir director in Childress. Have you met them?

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter