Friday, May 23, 2008

Well, things are a changin'

Since my last post, Phillip has become the church secretary and our baby-sitter and the pastor. I have been training in my new job and think that I probably will enjoy it. At the same time, there may be some new opportunities for us coming in the very near future and we are really excited about the possibilities. We have registered for Kindergarten and Reese for preschool and we may have to do that all over again in a couple of months. Reese has started going to the preschool across the street on Tues/Thurs and that has helped. I am interviewing a girl hopefully this weekend for baby-sitting this summer. I of course am trying to shed a few pounds,as always it seems, and have been lucky enough to get to work out 5 days this week. I feel better but the scale remains the same. Does anyone else battle the scale?

We are so excited about what the Lord is doing in out lives right now. God is so good. He provides for all of our needs and even some of our wants. One of our favorite songs is Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin. It talks about Strength rising as we wait upon the Lord. Our God reigns forever. He never tires, gets weak, or faints with the stresses of this world. Our God is an everlasting God. WOW! Another dear friend of mine brought our attention to Bring the Rain by Mercy Me and I am actually singing it this week at church because it truly is the testimony that I want to live. I want to glorify God in all that happens to my family. Good or bad. It talks about rain and and it made me think of rain and how it can be something we dread but know we need and other times it is a most welcoming sight. Okay enough talking in circles. Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

The Mitchells said...

There will be no scales in Heaven. I've been working out 3-5 days a week for over a month now and mine has barely budged...I'm with you girl!!

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter