Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My children

This doesn't actually have anything to do with things my kids do although they are absolutly precious. Before Phillip and I went to Brazil I wrote letters to Kaylee for all the important events that happen in every little girl's life: when she accepts Chirst, first day of kindergarten, middle school, wedding, going to college, becoming a "woman", getting a car...you get the picture. I realize that I need to also do the same for Reese. Phillip thinks I am a little silly but at the same time he wrote each of the girls letters and me as well when he went to Sudan. (He gave the letters to his BF Craig and Craig came by a little later and he looked like he had lost his best friend and now I know why.)I just know that we are never guaranteed tomorrow and I want my children to know that I am thinking about these special moments even now. My mom was the one that always told me how proud she was of me and ever since she has been gone, there is such a void and I don't want my children to ever forget how blessed I am by them and how proud I am to be privelaged to be there Mommy. It is an awesome thing to be a mommy and I love every moment of it.

PS Sorry no pics yet. I have got some goodies.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a good idea...but I don't know if I could write them without crying. I'd hate not to be there for all of those things. But you are right. We aren't guaranteed tomorrow. That's a little scary.

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter