Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby names and more

Aren't kids the cutest things ever. Our girls keep us in stitches. Reese has gotten to say things in voices. Don't know where they came from and it is usually random. She also has developed some pretty hilarious walks. The other day I asked Reese if she had gotten a brownie. She looked up with puppy dog eyes and says, "Not yet". She is getting so big. Kaylee has been taking an active role in picking out baby names. She wants to name a boy, "Jim Craig" (from Man from Snowy River) and a girl, "Hannah Montana". So far we have vetoed both. But honestly Phillip has not been much better. For the boy, it is going to be Sterling Phillip Thomas. The girl has not been so easy. It is usually our easy name. I give him all sorts of names, "Claire, Leah, Lauren, Carrie, Darby, Bethany, Becca..." and Phillip says, "How about Rhonda?" "Rhonda??", I ask. And he responds," Well that's how I feel about all of those other names". It boils down to that he can't know anybody by the name that we choose. So after going through 500 names we settle on Paige. So nobody say anything negative about the name. I need to get through the next 6 months without him realizing that Paige Patterson shares that name and he is not someone Phillip admires. After that, alls fair. Hopefully we won't have to worry about it and the baby will be a boy. The Ancient Chinese calendar says that there is an 83% probability that it is a boy. It was right on the girls. But honestly, I don't really believe in that stuff.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Rhonda?! That is hilarious! I love Paige. We have some good friends whose little girl is named Paige. And I love your boy name, too! I'm hoping for a boy! They are too much fun! Miss you guys!

The Mitchells said...

I totally hope it's a boy, although I think Joe is secretly hoping it's a girl...just to be able to laugh at Philip. When are you coming to Dallas?!?!

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter