Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pure Joy

One of my favorite verses is James 1:2-3, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance". Followed by John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world".  I think so many times, we ask God why he could let bad things happen to us when we are following his will.  Instead we should ask, "God, how can I serve you and glorify you through my darkest hours?".  The roughest patches can be used to mold us into the child of God we are always supposed to be.  I think of the Grand Canyon and of the many underground caverns, that are absolutely amazing.  They didn't just appear.  The were molded and fashioned by floods and river patterns. There was debris in the water that changed the landscape forever.  Or of an oyster pearl, that started as a particle of sand and festered until it became an amazing pearl.  That is who we are.  Without the debris in our life, we can't become the children has called us to be.  Jeremiah 29:11 says, " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". One of my absolute favorite songs is by Laura Story and is called "Blessings".  I feel every word of that song to my core.  I could have written that song because it is a testimonial of how I desire to live my life.  Here is an excerpt, "We pray for wisdom.Your voice to hear. We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near. We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love. As if every promise from Your Word is not enough. And all the while, You hear each desperate plea, and long that we'd have faith to believe". That is what is so amazing to me. I was always taught to "hide God's word in my heart, so that I might not sin against Him". I want to live my life for Him.  I want to glorify God through the rough spots, the nights I can't sleep for thinking of the things I need to get accomplished or how something I might have said could be taken wrong. We have all been there and I so encourage you to "take heart, because He has overcome the world!".  It is not our job to conquer the world.  He already has. We are called to be His tools. That's all.  But we can also be the biggest stumbling block when we allow Satan a strong hold. I chose God. I chose to allow Him to use me, whenever and wherever He calls.

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter