Saturday, January 15, 2011

Really Seeing

I thought it was an appropriate title since my main side effect from my stroke is my vision. I can't really "see" anything in grayscale. It takes me more than just a few minutes to adjust to actaully see those images. Where most people don't even realize their eyes need to adjust. I can't walk and look for something. I have to stop and look and let myself adjust and that is all the time and not just grayscale. Makes for driving fun. I am going out of town next week. Should be fun. The last 6 monthes of our lives have been some of the most trying times in our lives. In all actuality our time her in Sweetwater so far has been very trying spiritually and emotionally. Becca had some problems in utero and then after and then my stroke and church has been difficult in a whole new sense of trying to serve more and inspire others to serve to. It is quite different from any other church we have been in in that people are truly wanting to serve. I have always been a firm believer in the seeing God work on this earth and also of seeing the cunning powers of the devil. I know that when you are right with God and following Him and people are seeing God's face more that this is troubling to Satin and He knows what buttons to push. So, now I am taking it as a compliment that so much has happened in the last 2 years because it is reassuring that we are doing God's work here. We are seeing His presence in the lives that we are working with. I have always been frustrasted with people who think that once you become a Christian you will always be happy and no bad will ever come to you. Jesus told us it would happen, " He said, "In this world, you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world". So we are taking heart in the knowledge that no matter how bad things are right now that God IS in control of our lives right now and we choose to follow Him in all that He asks of us. There is a song out called "Let the Waters Rise" and it has completely moved me. I will mess up the lyrics but here is some of it....There's a raging sea, right in front of me. You were with me then, you'll be with me again. You're in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea and I will follow you. AMAZING and Wonderfully

No comments:

My Blessings

My Blessings

Counter